December's Candle of the Month is Here! "Home Made Gifts"
Despite how busy my Mow was running her retail boutiques during the holiday season, she usually came up with some fun idea for making Home Made Gifts and those memories are the inspiration for December's Candle!
One of my favorite memories of making Home Made Gifts, was making home made "salt-dough" (aka "play-dough") and then making ornaments out of it. We used some pictures from a magazine as inspiration, and we made the dough into pears, oranges, and holly leaves. We pushed bobby-pins into the tops so they could be hung, and then baked them in the oven. Half-way through we brushed them with an egg wash and popped 'em back in the oven. The house smelled so good and they were so pretty when we pulled them out - all toasty and golden.
December's "Home Made Gifts" Candle is all toasty and golden, and woodsy, with notes of Frankincense Essential Oil, Cypress, Blue Spruce, and Bay Laurel.
(The recipe and directions for making Salt-Dough Ornaments are below!)
TWO WAYS TO ORDER DECEMBER'S CANDLE by 11/20:
1. Join our CANDLE OF THE MONTH CLUB and receive a new, unique candle each month. *Just choose Auto-Ship instead of "Add to Cart" and easily manage your membership through your account login.
2. ORDER A LA CARTE this month's Candle only, by just choosing "Add to Cart."
5 PERKS OF JOINING THE CANDLE OF THE MONTH :
1. We are only making so many candles each month and club members get PRIORITY!
2. ONE LESS THING TO REMEMBER: you won't have to remember to place your order!
3. FREE SHIPPING on your candle orders!
4. NO PRESSURE! Easily manage your membership through your account, and you can opt-out at any time if you want to.
5. HUGE BONUS! A monthly FREE DOWNLOAD OF AN EXCLUSIVE FIRE MEDITATION for club members.
The candles are made from Bees Wax and Coconut Oil and have 2 cotton wicks. They burn brightly and calmly and should have a burn-time of about 25 hours. They burn all the way out, and all the way down, and the wicks won't smoke or mushroom. You may want to trim the wicks from time to time, but my hope is that you won't have to. The first time you burn it, light it for at least 3 - 4 hours because candles have a "memory." (Instructions for How to Get the Best Burn are included with every candle).