It's Here! November's Candle of the Month! "Heirloom Recipes"
Introducing our Candle of the Month for November + MONTHLY Fire Meditations - not just Seasonal!! We made joining the club juicier!
One of my absolute favorite books as a child was Betty Crocker's New Boys and Girls Cookbook. I used to lay on the carpet and pour over the recipes, wishing I could make all of them. I was fascinated and with all of the ingredients, the utensils, baking dishes, etc., and the instructions on how to put everything together. I read, and re-read all of the information that "every junior cook should know" and wished I could have been one of Betty's "Test Helpers" who got to try out all of the recipes and be quoted in the book.
When people often ask "how did you learn how to make skin care?" I have Betty Crocker's book to thank as the starting point. I didn't actually make many of the recipes as a child, but I truly made all of them in my mind. This was the beginning of my learning to cook, and it was my learning to cook, that lead me to make skin care. I just substituted skin care ingredients for the food ingredients to create most of the recipes. In fact, I had a huge breakthrough with Creme Nouveau and the Butter Balms, after being inspired by a classic mayonnaise recipe!
My most precious heirlooms are recipes. My wedding gift from my Grandmother was a recipe box, with her best recipes hand-written on recipe cards and it is a treasure.
This month's candle is a celebration of the legacy and abundance we create through cooking and passing on heirloom recipes! Most heirloom recipes come from special occasions or traditions and this month we pay homage to each of our unique heritages and backgrounds.
November's "Heirloom Recipes" is earthy and grounded, like a warm hearth, with notes of Clary Sage Essential Oil and Bay Laurel. Notes of Black Currant and Cranberry brighten the scent and add a little "juiciness". Finally, there is a little sprig of magic with a touch of mysticism to represent the special traditions that each unique family lineage carries with it. Let's call this note "Absynth" - or a synthesizer of atmospheres (not Absinthe, the booze) which is a scent that everyone's nose will understand differently and I am so excited for you to experience for yourself.
HERE'S HOW TO ORDER YOUR CANDLE:
1. Either sign up for the monthly club membership by choosing Auto-Ship instead of "Add to Cart", OR if you just want October's Candle, just "Add to Cart."
2. Orders must be placed by the 20th! Don't wait - first come, first served and quantities are limited!
WHY JOIN THE CANDLE OF THE MONTH CLUB via AUTO-SHIP:
1. However many candles you order - you get priority! Candle availability will be limited and club members are guaranteed to get their candles.
2. You won't miss out on getting your candles and you won't have to remember to place your order!
3. FREE SHIPPING on your candle orders!
4. NO pressure here! If you join the monthly club via auto-ship, but in the future you decide you don't want to be your monthly candle, or you just want to order a candle every now and then, you can opt-out at any time!
5. If you are club member and want to increase your order to give gifts for holiday, we will make sure you get your gifts!
6. HUGE BONUS! My incredible friend, and Meditation Guru, Jen Dial, is creating MONTHLY Fire Meditations that will be available via digital download for all Club Members. A Fire Meditation is a dynamic, guided meditation that you listen to while watching the flame of your candle. Each recording will be in alignment with the changes of the seasons to support how we change with the seasons as well. NOT to be missed!
The candles are made from Bees Wax and Coconut Oil with double cotton wicks. Did you know that Bees Wax emits negative ions when it is burned, which helps to neutralize air pollution?! And, Bee Keepers say that it naturally elevates moods! They burn brightly and calmly and should have a burn-time of about 25 hours. They burn all the way out, and all the way down, and the wicks won't smoke or mushroom. You may want to trim the wicks from time to time, but my hope is that you won't have to. The first time you burn it, light it for at least 3 - 4 hours because candles have a "memory." (There's instructions for How to Get the Best Burn on the website).