We are often asked...
How do I use my Oil Nouveau and Hyaluronic Elixir Serum!?
Should I use them AM or PM?
Should I use them together?
Where do they fit in my routine?!
Do I need both of them?
We suggest applying Hyaluronic Elixir Serum in the evening. At night, your skin goes into repair mode, and while you sleep your skin gets thirsty and needs extra water for repair. Using the Hyaluronic Elixir Serum opens the door for water hydration. But, an open door is a two way street. If the hydration door is open, it can let water in...and out. That is why we want you to be asleep, and in repair mode, with the least amount of exertion and exposure.
During the day, your skin goes into protect mode, and all day long your skin is working hard to do its job and fend off aggressors. It needs energy, nutrients, and antioxidants to keep the pace. We love Oil Nouveau during the day because it is a blend of THE strongest antioxidants available and it is absolutely FULL of nutrients that skin converts to energy.
So, what is the best way to incorporate these products into your routine?
Check out our suggestions on when to use these products:
Morning - In the Shower
Morning - After the Shower
- Soak Konjac Sponge in small bowl in your shower for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the Konjac Sponge from the bowl and squeeze it out. Place a generous scoop of Facial Cleanser in your choice of Lemon Lavender, Orange Grapefruit, or Honey Rosewood, onto the flat side of the Konjac Sponge.
- Gently buff the sponge and cleanser onto face and neck, carefully avoiding the eyes.
- Rinse your skin and put the sponge back in the bowl.
- Now it is time for Oil Nouveau! And, YES! We suggest you keep it in the shower!
- Fill the dropper of the Oil Nouveau about 1" full and squeeze the oil onto the palm of your hand.
- Massage the oil in your hands and then massage the oil onto your face, neck, & decollate.
- Let the oil steam into your skin.
- Continue on with the rest of your shower.
- Step out of the shower and pat your skin dry. NOTE: press vs. wipe your skin when drying.
- Generously spritz with your favorite Facial Mist (3-4 pumps will do!)
- Immediately apply Creme Nouveau, Creme Calm, or Creme Balance.
- Follow with sunscreen and/or makeup (whatever is your preference).
- Soak Konjac Sponge in small bowl for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove your Face and Eye Makeup (and all the gunk that builds up throughout the day) with Yuzu Oil Cleanser.
- Cleanse your skin with Shea Milk Bar Cleanser. Remove the Konjac Sponge from the bowl and squeeze it out. Rub the flat side of the Konjac Sponge onto the flat side of the soap bar until it gets a little sudsy.
- Gently buff the soapy sponge onto face and neck, carefully avoiding the eyes.
- Rinse your skin and put the sponge back in the empty bowl.
- Gently pat your skin dry.
- Generously spritz your skin with your favorite Facial Mist. And we mean, generously! 7-10 sprays; your skin should be almost dripping!
- Now it is time for the Hyaluronic Elixir Serum!
- Fill the dropper of the serum about 3/4 of the way full and squeeze it onto the palm of your hand.
- Massage the serum between your hands, then massage the serum onto your face, neck, and decollate.
- Trap the serum into your skin, by immediately applying your choice of Creme Nouveau, Creme Calm, or Creme Balance.