Our 9 Core ValuesBeaute Nouveau
Beauté Nouveau®️ is on a mission to care for modern women with core values that we use in our company everyday. Core Values are key guiding principals for individuals and companies. Today, Beauté Nouveau®️ is a beauty company that was born out of the desire to create something new and innovative. We want to bring the beauty industry into the modern moment, with a focus on quality and real lifestyles and needs of women. We want to create a brand that is widely recognized and desired by women, with a focus on self-care and self-advocacy. We want to create a brand that is not only about products, but a brand that is about our core values as the basis for how we treat our customers and each other.
What is a Core Value?
A core value is a guiding principal for individuals and companies. It is a value that helps individuals and companies to make decisions in their daily lives. Core values are key because they help individuals and companies to decide what is important and what is not.
Why are Core Values Important?
Core values are as unique to each person as a thumbprint. Core values represent the blue print of what is truly important to people. Core values represent what we stand for. Core values guide decisions, behaviors, and communication. Core values also guide conflict, discord, and miscommunication. When we clearly understand and define our core values, they can be wonderful tools to help us maneuver our relationships, expectations, and interactions. However, when we lack clarity and are vague on our core values, we can spend a lot of time in conflict, confusion, and hurt.
Core Values and Beauté Nouveau®️
It may sound cliche, but our core values, are the core of what we do and how we do it. Our core values are our compass for making decisions, caring for our customers, and caring for each other. They are our guiding lights. We use our core values to separate wrong from right. We use them as a tool to understand each other when we may be coming from different perspectives.
Our 9 Core Values
Our 9 CORE VALUES: What do they really mean?
Identifying our Core Values is only the first step to applying core values to our daily lives. Once core values have been identified they must be defined in easy to digest meanings. For example, to us accountability is defined as "the state of being answerable or responsible for." But, what does that really mean? After defining a core value, we have to give it life! We have to create tools that can help us be aware of motives and behaviors that align, or don't align, with those core values. We have created "ask yourself" responses and sample behaviors that connect with each of our 9 core values.
ACCOUNTABILITY: the state of being answerable or responsible for.
- Ask Yourself: Am I making an excuse? What is my true role in the situation? Am I taking full responsibility for my actions or decisions, or am I blaming someone or something else? Did I step up and take as much action as I could in the situation? Am I keeping my word? If I am unable to keep my word, how am I handling it? Are my expectations clear?
- Playing offense vs. defense
- Owning role in totality
- Embracing the opportunity to take ownership, especially with mistakes or unforeseen circumstances.
- Following up
- Actions matching words
- Keeping word, or if unable to keep word, courteously making alternative arrangements, or accepting full responsibility with no finger pointing, excuse making, or blame.
- Setting clear and expectations
COURTESY: excellence in manners & consideration
- Ask Yourself: Am I considering the feelings of others and the impact on others when making a decision or taking action? Am I being accountable for my decision or behavior? Am I being polite, respectful, and considerate of others?
- Honoring commitments
- Embracing & accepting others points of view and perceptions
- Asking how a decision will affect someone else
- Listening with the intent to understand
- Regard for adversity and diversity
- Curiosity in differences
COMMITTMENT = Accountability + Courtesy
- Ask Yourself: Can I be accountable and courteous in making this commitment? Is this commitment something I can deliver on? Do I feel confident in this commitment? Is this commitment an overreach? What support might I need to ask for to deliver on this commitment? Will someone else suffer if I don’t deliver on this commitment? If so, what can I do to alleviate that suffering? Do I truly understand what this commitment means?
- Honoring promises, values, and engagements
- Understanding how others rely on the commitments we make
- Communicating the value of the commitment
- Creating a process for adjusting commitments when necessary or as information changes
- Taking accountability for changes in commitments
EXCELLENCE: extraordinary, superior, outstanding quality
- Ask Yourself: Am I performing as best as I am currently able to, or am I performing based on fear of what people will think of me? Do I truly feel that what I am presenting is extraordinary, superior, and of outstanding quality, or am I rushing, pushing, or shortcutting? Am I asking for help if I can’t produce at the highest expectation?
- Healthy striving
- 3 C's: Consistency, collaboration, and curiosity
- Asking for help
- Embracing the joy of the journey
- Seeing mistakes and failures as part of the journey, not as personal defects
- Inspired to create an extraordinary, superior product or experience with outstanding quality.
- Proud to show work during all stages.
GRACE: beauty in action, demonstrating honor and goodwill.
- Ask Yourself: Am I being kind? Am I judging? Am I inserting my expectations into a situation? Am I considering the other people and circumstances involved? Am I being generous in my interpretations and thoughts?
- Giving the benefit of the doubt
- Focusing only on solution
- Showing acceptance without blame or resentment
- Empowering Mindfully avoiding shaming
- Learning and growing
CARE: We take care.
- Ask Yourself: How do I take care of myself? What are my values? Am I aware of my impact on others around me? Am I listening? Am I trying to improve the situation? Am I respecting boundaries? Am I listening? Am I asking how I can help?
- Using soft language
- Communicating clearly
- Asking questions
- Listening to answers
- Being able to sit in silence to allow space for another person
- Asking how to help
- Alleviate suffering
GRATITUDE: Magnifying goodness.
- Ask Yourself: Am I focused on contentment or not-enoughness? Am I “seeing the forest through the trees”? Am I taking something for granted? Am I appreciating value or seeing “not-enoughness''? Am I able to feel joy or am I feeling defensive or resentment?
- Stopping to smell the roses
- Looking for the good
- Encouraging others
- Finding the silver lining
- Doing more with less
GROWTH: gradual increase in development, complexity, and value over time.
- Ask Yourself: Am I improving? Am I inspiring? How is my attitude? Am I learning? What would I benefit from learning more about? Am I focused on the problem or a solution? Am I working well with others? Are there beliefs in my life that might not be serving me? Am I aware of my triggers?
- Gratitude for the opportunity to find a solution vs. focusing on the problem
- Reading, learning, and sharing information
- Collaborating on projects
- Recognizing triggers and limitations with a desire to heal them
- Developing self-awareness around reactions
- Unthinking and Unlearning
- Is curious about how to improve
HONESTY: To be relied upon in principals, intentions, and actions.
- Ask Yourself: Am I acting in trust*? Am I taking the best care of the vulnerability that I was entrusted with? Am I upholding the confidence placed on my works and actions?
- Respecting boundaries
- Doing what was committed to
- Upholding confidences
- Showing up
- Owning mistakes
Core Values are at the heart of our company. We have a set of core values that everyone in our company abides by. We also realize that every one of our team members has their own unique set of core values. We celebrate our how our individual and company core values complement each other and create robust relationships and understandings.
We also know that each of our customers have their own set of unique core values that align and attract them to what we do at Beaute Nouveau. One of the ways we are committed to celebrating the core values of all of our customers is by launching a unique E-Course created to help you know exactly WHAT your core values, WHY they are your core values, and HOW to use them to create boundaries, make decisions, diffuse conflict, and have crucial conversations? This course is going to be a GAME-CHANGER and we are SO excited to share it with you!